Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Simple Pleasures

It appeared as if we had a seven month winter, starting early and ending later than usual. But as spring is well under way and making way for summer, I am losing faith in the seasons holding true to the typical spring, summer, fall and winter. I remind myself that the rain though very necessary is becoming a little to much of a good thing. Though I ponder at when will the soil dry so that I may be able to plant my flowers and vegetables into the garden. I can't help but look at Mother Nature and her power over the world. We want to at times absorb all the benefits without giving Mother Nature the respect due. Each place on earth has a gift to give, like the ocean. I like to remember when the sun is shining and the waves are gentle and the beautiful creatures of the waters reveal themselves. But I am also aware that the ocean like other people, places and things has more than one side to it.  It was a few years back when I was on the outer banks and the sky became gray and the waves so powerful as a storm was approaching. There are many storms that will threaten our way of life, but with respect and common sense we approach the storms like those of life with caution.
Love it can't stop the inevitable but it does give us strength to see us through, as it empowers us with faith, respect and a uncommon strength that unites soul to soul. It is this bond of spirit that is void of ignorance, hate and greed that allows us to see the world and the sun behind each storm. Despite the late spring  filled  with cool and rainy days, the song birds still migrated and are quickly going about building their nest and bringing joy with their morning song.
My mind is a bit scattered which is not uncommon as I have a habit if not keeping really busy to bounce back and forth. It was a conversation that I had with my daughter a few days ago. Though at this moment what we discussed is not as important as what it revealed. That life is a network and everything we do or not affects those we come in contact with. Our decisions and many choices will alter lives as we go about exploring and experiencing  through our trials and tribulations. What makes one person strive to do more and another quick to give up? I wondered was it something taught, a part of DNA or the road map of our very own destiny? Again I found myself visualizing images, like that of the, tight rope walker or merely the plants in the green house that eagerly grow with a balance of light and nutrients. Balance not always easily attained but necessary.
I find myself trying to balance my days and at times with very little success. Sometimes almost feeling lost and  like a train that has derailed. Steps back to get a clear view of where I am at and what direction I am going.

Simple Pleasures

To wake up each morning to give you a kiss and pleasure each moment in a never ending state of bliss. To keep you in my heart through all that I do and know that you'll be here to say " my darling I love you." Simple pleasures  mean so much to me, holding your hand with love for all eternity.

A walk along the river, watching the stars in the sky, feeling your magic and you feeling mine. Preparing you breakfast and staying by your side, sleeping the day away just you and I. The fragrance of the roses as they slowly open in full  bloom and sitting on the bench with no word between us two. Feeding the ducks, staring into your eyes, kissing you my daring for the rest of my life.

No comments: