Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, June 06, 2016

Storm

It was a rainfall like no other
a sudden long and melodic song and
I felt both a calm and restlessness
like I never felt before.

Warm and yet chilled
I quivered head to toe and
my heart began racing
as the thunder rolled in slow.

Lightening danced upon the heavens
with a flash bright and bold as if
a switch was turned on quickly
and the night began to glow.

The stream bed was rising
and quickly the current moved
as I sensed a kind of melancholy
of the wind as it abruptly blew.

Eerie I felt your presence
as if I was safe within your embrace
and the rain it just kept on falling
in a frightening kind of way.

Inhaling slowly as if to bring you near and
share in this moment with tender loving care.
I visualized our souls rising above the storm
and finding our place above the clouds, which
soon would become our norm.

The rain continued falling but no longer did I fear
as our souls gently entwined and the magic now shared.
Two hearts had melded quickly into one, infused with the
sweetest touch, the most wonderful kind of love.







No comments: