Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, June 09, 2006

Bridge

The Bridge lay broken, in need of repair.
Idle and restless, I was living in fear.
Water rising, the further the dreams.
The more entrapped by past memories.
~~~
The outreach of hearts, yours to mine,
built a bridge to free my mind.
The further we traveled the more I
saw, how beautiful life..... when love
comes to call.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your hands reaching quickly entwined, built a bridge beyond the mind.
Traveled distance, traveled time , two as one we combined.
~~
Happiness is within reach, joy and laughter what it can teach.
Paints the skies a baby blue and clouds of white for us to view.
~~
Taught me how to sing and dance beyond the hollows forbidden land.
If you look closely you will see, the bridge we built had set me free.
~~~
You can build a wall tough as bricks,
dig a moat and blow up the bridge.
You can slow the body and halt the mind,
with patience and love will rebuild in time.
~
Bigger and stronger and better are we,
the more we traveled, the more we have seen.
The bridge we built is not of steel, it's built of
love to make the heart heal.

No comments: