Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day by Day

The more I listened to people talk of their own disappointments and heartaches in life. I began to see various stories with only one true difference and that is how people were capable or not of digesting the issues that appeared in their life. Reviewing my own milestones, I saw that I stood idle , raced with the rage of a wild herd and slid backward, as if I had just reached the top of the mountain to again feel the rush of tumbling . Desperately I found myself seeking to find away around the varied obstacles that were tossed into the path of self discovery.

Awaiting a Season

Caught in the rush of the season am I,
I simply was entrapped by the barriers of time.
Trying to hold and trying to freeze,
salvage youth and set the soul at ease.

~~~~
Documenting time the hollow does well,
memoirs of nature or casting a spell.
Blue heron returns to the fish in the stream,
the fate of the minnow, seemingly mean.

Separating the weak from the strong,
changes the scenery, as life goes on.
Caretakers sent to watch over the land,
to honor and protect for our fellow man.

No comments: