Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, December 07, 2009

Side by Side

I have begun to have a greater appreciation for the various musicians as I find myself exposed to both older and newer styles of music. Whether we search out music to fit our mood or the music actually creates the moment is to be seen. Each morning I wake up to the music of the heart that celebrates in the joy of life and the love that we feel for one another. It brings a smile to my face as I lay back and daydream. The internet has offered a chance to view many people singing and you begin realize that many songs have been sung over and over come with a history. Sings>
When you're smiling, when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you. When your laughing ooooooh when your laughing the sun comes shining through.
For me the holidays were a true time of peace from as early on as I can remember there was and is something special, music in the air and a dance with the magical side of life that pulls at the strings of the heart.
I think people let negativity to close to them and forget the meaning and the magic of the holidays, it really isn't about what we wrap up. I can remember my mother wrapping one of our old toys and putting it under the tree so that we would have a gift to open, but what stands out more is the music, the song, the board games we gathered to play and the magic that makes a holiday.
My children press on some very unusual topics when it comes to religion, Christmas and holidays in general. As I look back an remember gazing under the Christmas tree at the figurines of baby Jesus, Joseph and Mary, I am reminded of what exactly the Christmas holiday is about. The birth of Jesus, the peace that we pray the holiday will bring the world and the power that each of us has in bringing Joy into another persons life.
At this time of year people misinterpret the message of the holiday and they allow the pressure and the negativity a doorway into their life. I think from the moment we celebrate Thanksgiving till the bells ring on Christmas morn, I am ever thankful for the beauty of life which reveals itself in the most magical of ways. The Christmas season is not one day of celebration nor does it end on the twenty fifth of December. The true gift that we give and receive is in the touching of souls, the embrace of hearts and yes that ever so powerful smile. Sings> When your smiling.....oh when your smiling the whole world smiles with you and when your laughing oh! when your laughing the sun comes shining through.


I love the song, Sings>"Oh the weather outside is frightful and the snow is so delightful and if you know place to go, let it snow! let it snow! let it snow."

Let's watch the snowfall from the window of your heart
and feel the sweetness of your love which gave the day its start.
Your arms tenderly holding, the embrace such a delight, the
warmth of your love melts all the storms of life.


Snuggling close as two souls can be, that is truly the magic
of this winter scene. From your lips a kiss that woke the
love in me and from your heart the dreams that only
lovers can see.

Every snowflake from heaven down comes with a reminder
of the love that we both found. We are the the first of the
morning and the mystery that tomorrow brings, we are
the love in winter that makes the world sing .

Come here a little closer and lay right next to me
and we can watch the snow fall as we create our
own dreams. You my king and I your queen
dancing in the snow storm creating memories.




Today is a new day where dreams come true,
I'm living and loving each moment with you.
~
We've taken a mountain turned it to sand,
and the rivers are bridged by a magical land.
~
Deep in my heart is where you'll always be,
and in the heavens our souls will fly free.
~
United in song we'll sing of the love,
and the joy sent down from up above.
~
You are one with me, day and night
through all of my dreams.















No comments: