Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, January 28, 2012

"The Wizard Of Oz": Dorothy - "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" (1939)

I imagine many children have at one time or another wondered where they belong or with whom. That special place, with that special person, where you can be exactly who you are without judgement. Like the movie which hinders on reality and fantasy, it teaches us it is okay to dream. Even as an adult I relate to the movie,  we can't find knowledge without friends to journey with us and the existence of fear exist and it all can be overcome if we simply believe. I watched the movie many times "the wizard of Oz"  and I saw it on stage and of course read the books as a kid and still there a feeling of melancholy that comes with viewing the movie. I feel no different at times than the ten year old who use to lay across the bed and look out the bedroom window and dream. Wondering exactly where this journey begins and ends and who will hold my hand.  It was the Beatles that said it best " Some say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one" Dreams are like fuel to the imagination and the imagination teaches us to have faith in tomorrow.
If our heart is home and happiness is found right where you fail to look, clicks feet together and chants " no place like home," because when I close my eyes, I know I will meet you there, as you are there deep in my heart.


No comments: