Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sunless Summer Sky

I will try to explain,
what brings the summer rain,
makes the sky gray and darkens
the day.

The heart speaks out loud and
yet you'll hear no sound, like
tear drops in the rain that
seem to fade into the day.

I felt you next to me,
like the first days of spring
and quickly you disappeared
as if you were never here.

I knew not how to feel,
I looked for the shield
to protect my heart and
soul from memories of old.

The mountains seemed afar
like skies filled with stars,
I couldn't reach for you
no matter what I tried to do.

I couldn't bare a goodbye
and so I hid deep inside,
to avoid the lonely days
of a Sunless Summer Sky.

Each moment that we are apart
is a goodbye all over again.
~
 
I wiped the tear drops from my eyes,
each one a day in review, I cried not for
the yesterdays but the tomorrows that
would never be reviewed.
 
Time is the great controller, it tells us
how long we will be here , it sets the
stage of life and rules the time we
have to share.
~
 
 
 

No comments: