Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Who holds the reigns of happiness?
Years back an acquaintance said to me "you must not allow your emotions to control you, you must control your emotions. I have found throughout life that people felt a suffering either of fear, anger, loneliness or hopelessness. Our quest to find happiness can be traced to our early ancestors. History shows a prevalence for jewelry, clothing, food and shelter went well above our needs to fulfill our wants. It is the temporary euphoria that keeps us hungering to feel the emptiness.
As I stood in line and watched the poorest of people gambling away their last dollar in an attempt to win a few more. I wondered would that moment of win bring them lasting happiness or just a temporary high? I gazed out the window, and I thought of the joy felt with each experience of life. Happiness is our own personal power to examine the trials of life and sort through them filing away that which brings negativity. Maintaining a positive state above all that we are taught is as simple as allowing all senses to devour the world around us. It is a bit cliche to say " is the glass half empty or half full?" I am not controlled by the ills of the world for I am above thy earthly pain and nothing shall weigh down the soul, neither circumstance nor experience or lack of it shall places chains on that which is free.
We are.. who we dare to be,
we feel what we dare to touch,
we choose what we dare to experience.
~
If I believe myself a victim, then a victim shall I be. If I give a platform to fear, then fear shall follow me. If anger be thy guide, then sorrow near awaits, but if I allow love within my heart , happiness is near and from the seeds of yesterday a bloom shall appear.
~
Ignorance breeds fear, fear partners with anger and despair and there within a field of negativity forms each individuals view of hell.

~
Self pity sows sorrow upon unfertile soil,
which grows nothing but weakness.
~

Happy Thanksgiving...... for we are all blessed with opportunity, but only few will act upon the moment.
~~
It is not upon the encounters of our own failure that we weep,but by our own lack of sight, that we blur the truth of circumstance.
~~
I am not separate from the world around me, I am one with the hills, trees and the hollow. As time takes hold of the moments and professes to retain the memories of life, I shall rejoice in the glory of each new day.

No comments: