Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, January 07, 2008

Yee Haw!!!

When I was growing up as a child my parents were very controlling and the style of music in which we were allowed to listen to was limited. There was a whole sector of music that was off limits from jazz to rock and a few groups just because. At nineteen I was married and the reign of control passed from parent to husband and again I was limited to the styles of music I was allowed to play. I love all styles of music, but lyrical music as always helped me in expressing my emotion.Today I listen to what ever music spurs the moment and I have even greater appreciation for the various bands both from years past and the current music.
Though as curiosity would have it I began to listen more to the music that was closed off to me and one happened to be country music. My grandfather was a professor of music, a great fiddler and so part of me had a desire to search out the beginnings of country music. It wasn't until August 1927 in Bristol Tennessee that country music actually received recognition. On that day Victor records signed on Rodger's and the Carter family.Old time music found a place on the charts as country music.
Country music has away of telling a story much like folklore and the old timers like Hank Williams had a away of expressing emotion... gone but not forgotten. In my stage of newly found freedoms, I stood to challenge those who were always trying to restrain growth and experience. Life by all means is moving forward, devouring every second and reaching for the stars...


Sings with twang>
I don’t know why he had to go, I don’t think I’ll ever understand,
he journeyed beside for a little while but my love was not enough
to retain his smile.
~
I don’t know just why he crossed my path, was it all foolishness

on my part, was I a pawn in his games and was the trophy my
broken heart?

Smiles and laughs and yells Yee Haw........

No comments: