Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Smiles

My sister Gabriella loved to sing, sometimes I see her in my own daughter. Aging came to mind this morning and made me think of this one particular song she always sang. It was by Paul McCartney and Wings, " Treat her Gently." I loved listening to her as I do my own daughter.  The irony is in that she loved the song but never had the opportunity to grow old. In this particular song it is about aging and love. You know you have found true love, when they see the beauty in you even though you have aged.
I think growing old together has a beauty of its own. Rare as it is , it is like the walk on the beach, hand in hand , gazing into the sunset.

To love is to grow old together 
and love more with each  beat of the heart.


No comments: