Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, June 18, 2012

Prose, Poetry , Memory or a Glimpse of what you mean to me.

It is amazing the capabilities of the mind, it has the ability to remember a moment in time and occasionally forget. Though some years in childhood are vague others standout as if they were yesterday. Incredible as it is I can see my very childhood bedroom, the window, the flowers, the furniture and the tiniest of details. My sisters always said that "a good memory can be both a blessing and a curse."
There is something about the age where we first embrace adulthood. I can vividly remember being ten years old, lying across the bed, gazing out the window and pondering how I might make a difference in the world. Even at that age I was fascinated with the brain and the mystery of how it works. The mass of tissue that seems to form our character and identify the world as it records it for future use.
I have attempted to file my memories according to importance as if  I were to distance myself from the negativity. In doing so I believe that we move forward as we heal and grow. Occasionally our memories don't so easily fade into the background. I have come to realize that until we have completed that sector of a chapter or understand the lesson, the experience of a specific moment in time can be a daunting trial in which we journey.
As I look back in retrospect it has come to light that without all the pieces of the various puzzles, we cannot complete nor appreciate the impact upon the soul. We tend to lack a broader understanding of both our visual and emotional ability to comprehend.
Leaning on the old adage" blowing in the wind" I believe we not only have to detail what it is we need to keep and let go.

Remembers the kiss sweet to my lips,
soft and gentle like honey drips. One
moment in time and a dream that makes
you mine all mine.

Friendship's face to face embrace, arms
so wonderful they can be replaced. One
moment in time and a dream that makes
you mine all mine.

Hands locked two as one and two hearts
interwoven of love and fun. One moment
in time and a dream that makes you
mine all mine.

Looked into the sparkle of your eyes and
you were looking back to my surprise. 
One moment in time and a dream that 
makes you mine all mine. 


I placed your memory in my heart and 
keep close so its never far. One moment
in time and a dream that makes you
mine all mine.



No comments: