Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Heart, Soul and Mind

I wished to be a song bird,
to sing sweet melody as if
the words could fill the air
with romance and dreams.

I wished to be a rainbow,
to arch across the heavens blue
while joining heart to heart
and allowing our love through.

I wished to be a snowflake
to just once touch your cheek
and feel the warmth of flesh
as my heart melts free.

I wished to conquer time,
to turn seconds into hours
while making each moment
last while our souls blaze
on fire.

I stopped the wishes, no
dreams did I need as I
looked into my heart
I felt you close to me.

I felt an unusual calm a
moment to remember
for the melody is playing,
the rainbow a bridge to
you and every falling
snowflake is my heart
melting from your love
so true.

I have conquered time,
it has no hold on you or I,
for our love is truly eternal
and will be here through
the power of heart, soul
and mind.



No comments: