Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, December 09, 2013

I Can Feel Your Love

I can feel your love,
see the dream and
know you are here
beside me.

Happiness is what
you bring, it is all there
is and it's all I need.

I can feel your love,
see the dream and
know you are here
beside me.

~
Life is a story written by hope, faith and
 chance and occasionally by circumstance.
.
 
~
I began to think about my promise of writing poetry. The words were to be written in the honor of love and the meeting of two souls. The years have passed by and time has taken it tolls and it occurred to me I cannot document the emotions of another.  The words are simply a catalyst for that which flows through my own heart. My wants, needs and desires that either have been met or exist only in a dream.
The holidays are always and extra emotional time as they are for many people. Sometimes it is the mirror of the past that we can no longer recreate that plays tricks with the mind. Part of me wants to celebrate the holiday with grand gesture and another part of me wants to hide till the hoopla and the winter season is over.
As I glance out the window at the bare trees covered in snow I find myself being drawn into the panoramic view of winter. There is a silence that is haunting and a stillness to the moment that holds still for a brief period of time all memories. Like a collage where the images merge together, the past settles in while creating its own canvas.
 

No comments: