Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, October 13, 2017

My Side

I listened as the water splashed against the rock
and the morning doves cooing were in line of the fox.
The day had started and the sun brightened the sky
and I took in the view as I thought of you and I.

Up flew the morning doves like a silhouette in flight
beyond the trees of the hollow beyond the foxes sight.
The hills fell in silence as if the water stopped the flow
and a stillness was cast in a canvas free of woe.

One by one I stepped over moss covered rocks,
forgetting about the shoes and soaking my socks.
The mountain water cold caught me by surprise
but the strength I gathered placed me on a high.

One with the hills, the flowers and the trees,
one with the song birds and the warm Autumn breeze.
I reached to the heavens to the blue of the sky,
knowing very well you were here by my side.






~


Call it maturity
or a path of reign,
I recognize myself in
all that has been gained.

Assured of the beauty
in a simple blue sky
and the surfacing of fate
when  souls collide.

Every chapter from a story
with a different spin on life,
taken in the various views
I know what is wrong and right.


~

Alone in my room
but in my heart I have you,
from your first hello
I'm glad you never let go.

Looking back I can see
like the rigid emory
carved from the start
the words written in
the stars.

~


Trust in self,
respect in self
and through it all
I share the love with you.

~
                           I tore a few pages
                           from my history
                           burned them all
                           to erase the memory.

                           It's not how it's written,
                           is not to be forgotten,
                           as the lessons of life
                           are a long journey.

~

Like a good classic movie every time you watch
you see something you missed.

~

Keeping my head above the water 
is part of destiny...as long as you don't panic.


~


No comments: