Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, March 22, 2007

For all the times I didn't thank you!


When each tear falls, you magically wipe away them all,
cradled in the night, walked me through day and night,
supported so, when I didn't know where life was leading
me to go.

We can't place a price this friendship is a treasure of life,
as we hold each other tight, every single day when silence
makes a play, a song sings from my heart.


The lessons that you taught were how friends support
rain or shine, when life has a lot of explaining to do
it was you that came shining through.

The voice of life is truthful and generous and kind,
the words from you lips are like a breath of
morning kiss.

I walked along the shore and climbed a mountain
or two, the road a little slick the rain plays a trick
but somehow you kept me next to you.

When the sky is dark and gray and the magic seems
to fade, is when I felt your love closer to me, like
memories that we made.

My gratitude I give to the one who taught me
to live, to reach up to the stars no matter who
we are.

I ask that you except this blessing with a kiss
my love to see you through and feel the
embrace of skies of blue.

The color deepens so, that you surely must
no, that I see your magic everywhere,
from the one who dared enough to care.

Joyful am I from ever deep inside,
as we strolled through the
corners of the mind.

So I say one more time, these are not
mere words on a line, the mention of
love and friendship that dances above.

The words I give to you are a simple
thank you from my heart directed
just to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Rachel--this place is dreamy and restful, both your writings and images.

That hugging-fossils photo on the sidebar is so sweet. Where is that from? I've never seen it before....

Keep blogging and writing,

Fran

Rachel C Miller said...

Thank You! Archaeologists in Italy discovered the couple buried 5,000 to 6,000 years ago, hugging each other.
As many viewed it,some thought what a terrible end might have to come them, violence or something. I see it differently that If I were to die, I surely would hope it was in the arms of love.