Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Golden Thread


Happiness

I have been asked many times if I was happy. I looked around at the vast beauty of the mountains and the stream as it flows in all its glory over the wall of rock. I first tried to define happiness. Aristotle said that “different men seek after happiness in different ways and by different means, and so make for themselves different modes of life and forms of government."“happiness depends upon ourselves. “ I again looked around at the hills showy in a spring floral display.Happiness depends upon ourselves? I felt a certain amount of contentment as the soil, cool and moist sifted through my fingers. Happiness as defined in the dictionary characterized by good luck, fortunate, Enjoying, showing , or marked by pleasure, satisfaction, or joy. Being especially well - adapted, felicitous cheerful.

A soul that needs no cloak of pretense and exudes with the joy of acceptance, A blazing heart of passion from a single moment shared. The mind overflowing of contentment of two, the companionship of kindred spirits
soaring the mighty blue.




I felt bewildered as the emotions surfaced from deep inside and there alone in the valley a tear fell from my eye. Bending down to the flower bed, I snapped a floret from its stem and gently pulling each petal from natures golden gems. One of my heart which I freely gave to you and all those little moments shared ,made the sky the grandest blue. The second from my soul, at the time we met, amazing wonderful it encouraged me to be my best . One last petal had fallen from my hand and it consisted of the memories like little grains of sand. Alone they are but a chapter restlessly unread, but shared they are true happiness from life's quilt of golden thread.