Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Winter Trickery


Oh! mother nature, she just loves to entertain us. Being a new driver on the road this was my first experience with the" next day, after the storm". Not allotting for extra time, I reached for my jacket and pink boots in place I ran down to the car. You just start up and go, that easy. Oh know, I can't go yet the windshield is frozen over. Well its not like it will thaw anytime soon, I better let the vehicle run a bit. I have to clear the window. I get out and take the scraper from the back seat and try to clear the windshield. Well, this is isn't as easy as it looks, as I stand on the step trying to reach across the windshield. This is where I wish I was taller then five foot two, or at least had Mr. Gadgets retractable arms. This ice isn't coming off, looks easy in the commercials. Wasn't to smart that I didn't put gloves on and my fingers are now feeling every bit as frozen as my windshield. The hollow has a lot to be desired, when it comes to sunshine. Like you can hear it echo, Sunshine who?!!! through out the hills, of course in the summer the shade of the trees are a blessing. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, but I think I'll be some what prepared next time.
Turning the vehicle around I made it down the driveway, my fingers frozen to the the steering wheel. The sun bright outside of the hollow slowly cleared the window. Major trickery indeed as the below 0 temperatures, were highlighted by the winter sun. The slow thaw caught me laughing as I experienced another day of opportunity, freedom, at its best..

The day after a snow storm, is some kind of treat indeed.
Temperatures plummet and the ice from the summit ,surrounding me.

Unprepared for my first drive after a late winter storm, can’t complain,
about a little frozen rain, in the norther winter it's quite the norm.

Before you know it, I'm driving down the road and the last few
moments seemed like years ago.

Questioning the world and the heartache that I see, what's a little
ice between happiness and me.

No comments: