Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

To love...


Strolling down by the water I was caught by
surprise when stinging nettle rubbed up against
my thigh.
~
I stepped back to the clearing bordering near the rocks
and a bullfrog sunning make this huge plop.
~
Everywhere I look nature speaks to me and tells of
the script written specifically for spring.
~
The fish are spawning, they have settled for awhile
and soon they will travel another ten more miles.
~
Flowers in bloom, the finch gathered in a flock and my
heart beating faster then an over wound clock.

The sun warm and bright is high up in the sky, prepares
to set as it says goodnight.
~
All a sudden my mind began to drift and up in the
clouds I felt my soul lift.
~
There you were awaiting, your hand stretched out to me
and all I could think was this must be some dream.
~
Entwined like Ivy hinged upon a wall, love strengthened
for and unexpected fall.
~
Slipping off the edge down in a spiral we go in a forever
embrace that never seemed to slow.
~
There we locked your heart and soul with mine and all I
could think was this dream is mighty fine.

No comments: