Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

When you wish upon a star...


Encouraging the child within to believe that anything is possible, it comes to you in many packages. It's magical and you can see it all over the hills and the reflection on the crystal cool water of the nearby lake. This magic is also brought to you by those special people that enter your life, for a moment , a year and some even hold your hand for the complete journey.
Memories they enhance the day and allow you to look back and smile and feel your heart overflow with the warmth that love brings. Several years back a dear friend sang this song for me, I remember it being a very special moment and a wonderful connection was made between two people on that day. He sang> "when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, when you wish upon a star your dreams come true." I can't tell you exactly how I felt that day, I remember the glass sliding doors were in front of me and as I listened to him sing, I felt as if some how we had broken the barrier of space and that the glass wall was shattered for one moment and that I had escaped the imprisonment.
Since that special day I have found many ways to escape the hollow, through photographs, conversation, friendship and yes daydreaming. I have felt love's embrace and the beauty of life as it stirs the desire to be and do so much more. When darkness blankets the night and the stars in the heavens sparkle bright, I realize how very close we truly are, as that which shines over my head, shines over yours each night.
If anything is possible and dreams can really come true, one day will share that smile, face to face along the shore, your hand in mine locked tightly and sadness will there be no more.

No comments: