Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, May 30, 2008

When love comes home...

The sun had already set, but it was one of those evenings where there was neither wind nor chill of night. It seemed almost perfect until the dogs became spooked by the owls that had gathered in the trees along side the winding stream. As I hushed to them to settle, I sat back to take in the rather calm and yet very much alive sounds of the hollow. It seemed to be a relaxing end to a rather busy day.
Today had the the effects of a question and answer session. How much does one person feel for another and how much would you do to share totally with a individual to complete a experience of passion and spirit. I closed my eyes and allowed the fragrance of the scattered Bouncing Bets to seep deeply, almost as if the deep hint of sweet floral were saturating the whole garden. Peaceful, I can't remember the last evening that ever had such a tranquil effect over me. What seemed to be the drapes of nature closing in to create a calm, was only complimented by the completeness I was feeling at that very moment.
I had never imagined a love so pure that it could conquer all evil, so simplistic it could see between the varied shades of color to bring definition to the moment. There I was standing alone, the trees appeared to inch closer almost as if I was cradled in their embrace. Somehow I felt an acceptance of being, beginnings and closures all seemed to mingle in a twine like that of wisteria growing tightly as it wrapped around everything in its path. I stood there not able to move in any direction and I absorbed all that is. At that very moment I realized the tears of a lifetime had finally dried and I no longer felt a sadness for the past. It wasn't a matter of acceptance that I combated, more of awareness and a deeper sharing of individuality as the bond of spirits, strengthens and finds the ultimate pleasure in sharing.
An ever so slight smile broke the stillness of night as my thoughts like many times before drifted to the warmth of your embrace. I stood there and I questioned nothing, love, so kind and wonderful had made its way forever into my heart and I reached into the darkness and I knew wherever you were and whatever you were doing you were reaching back.

No comments: