Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Carousel of the Mind

                                                                  

The carousel is moving, round and round it goes, and when it finally stops, where am I to go? There is definitely a difference when the day come to an end, as everything fades and it starts over and over again. 

~
The mountains rejoice with their carpet of white, the trillium in bloom is a heavenly sight. My heart speaks to you, sweet whispers I do, sweet whispers of love from me to you.
 
The sun shines bright behinds clouds of gray, a daily reminder how you found your way. In my arms, through dreams, you mean so much to me.
~

The child smiles, I am sure she is almost ten, she runs through the fields, the fields with no end. Laughing and giggling, she takes your hand, as she runs through the field with her best friend.

The day is moving, we better get on, now a teenager, do you hear her song? She sings from the heart of a world so fine. Special the moment, it is always so knew as she look through the eyes 
at a sky so blue. 

Maturity sets on in and she learns to respect all that God gives. The warmth of a moment is oh so fine, perfecting life, gives the sign. The child met with the woman in need and forming a bond dances free.

~
I cannot change my yesterday, nor erase the sorrow of the day,
 the path was laid to guide us not to make the memories fade. 
~
Three women with smiles upon their face, told the tales of yesterday without placing any blame. Sisters of the spirit, I recognized them so, they were the gateway to freedom and through their eyes it showed. The similarity was uncanny, the words one by one, reminded me of the day when the tears blocked out the sun. I reached to pull them closer, their strength I needed so, as someone knew exactly what only my soul had known. 

Fear stood before me, it gained by strides, straddling my soul, I felt the heaviness of mind. I held to happiness, I placed it on the outside to drape the stories of darkness hidden deep inside.  I pretended it didn't happen, that maybe I was wrong, that I didn't' do enough and I deserved to travel blind. 

~
There are many question that go unanswered, not because there are no answers. Our willingness to look inside our self waivers as does our judgement. Simplicity draped the hollow and contained within the day as a sense of peace had fallen and your love had found its way.
~

 

No comments: