Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, July 20, 2009

Love has Many Faces

I had fallen asleep only to awake to an untimely phone call. Dreaming, I am not exactly sure what it was that was racing through my mind, but the words from a previous comment surfaced " Love has Many Faces"
Love is like a universal joint works best when it swings both ways. you give a little push and it returns back to you. Whether we admit it or not that is what love is all about. Reminds me of the song" you've got to give a little, take a little, let your heart..." It is human nature to love and want to be loved. The various aspects of love entail, in no uncertain order, a blend of respect, trust, desire, pleasure, passion, compassion, faith, affection, adoration, encouragement, devotion, etc. When you come down to it is just our basic need to be appreciated, wanted and needed.
We can go around loving the world, the people in it, but if it's not reciprocated, we become lost, without direction, empty and filled with loneliness.
The many faces of love are seen in our friendships, family, partners, children and even through our pets. The ability to love is not given to a few but to all those who dare to open their hearts. Respectively love is to be appreciated without expectation of its return.
What is love? The concept of love varies with cultures and Morales and society's outlook of it. Depending upon the giver and receivers needs. What makes the connection or bonds a soul? I thought about the everlasting experiences which become apart of our being. They don' t fade into the background only to become a memory, but instilled within nurture our being.
The heart like a puzzle is the center of life and though the pieces are different for everyone, the images reveal overtime come with many great lessons. On one side there is the selfish wants and desires and the other the magic that flows from the intermingling of souls. This is life and through the trials and tribulations we explore the reality of what is love.
The insatiable hunger that cannot be fed, cast the weak down a path of mere want. The key to understanding " the many faces of love " is in accepting love in its unconditional form. When we open our heart, we risk the chance that we may either feel the ache or stand upon the moment and grow.It is of our choosing which path we journey.

There is no love like that which you placed within my heart.
~

You bring the sunshine out on the cloudiest of days,
warm my heart in the most amazing way.

I ask only that we share each moment in a day,
from a single blade of grass, to raindrop filled
kisses which wash all sadness away.

Allow my love to conquer the walls that distance
makes and replace the barriers with a bridge that
only the heart can lay.

Whispers to the heavens to unleash the secrets of
our love and give to them a place in the sky of blue
above.

Rejoice that we have lived and to a new day begin,
to dance upon the clouds and sing with such glee,
as we record the moments to our memory.

Forever takes a stance it directs us down
the road, branding to the heart our love
contintues to grow.

~
One of my favorite poems was written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Taking in the fact that she lived in the early 1800's acknowledges that wisdom and the emotions of the soul are the power which drives the heart. It also reminds me of my children and one of the first things that they are taught and it was " how much do you love me?" and I would put there hands in the air and i would say I love you past the stars in the sky beyond the heavens and infinity.How much do we love? and how we express our love is at important as loving. There are instances that can't quite be explained where you can actually sense the love of another. The expression seen in the face, the sparkle in the eyes the passion within the heart which strikes out with the moment. The little gestures in life that may go unnoticed are those which signal a motion of devotion. I smiled that I had chanced to meet with love and feel its magical return and from earth to the heavens I dance with you my love.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


~
I Cannot Place a Measurement

I cannot place a measurement on my life or time nor how much I love you for eternity is the brine. Immersed within your being, the treasure is divine, as I absorb the beauty of the your heart and soul to mine.

I cannot place a measurement on how deeply I have felt your love, for with each moment that passes you borrow deeper into my soul and the more we come together, the more I have come to see that sharing life with you is like swimming in a bottomless sea.

I cannot place a measurement on the power of your love for it moved the many mountains and bridged rivers and seas and when the night has fallen and the stars are all abound, your love can be felt embracing from the heavens to the ground.

I cannot place a measurement on the whimsical delight, that empowers every moment and sends my soul in flight. I feel it in the mornings and I sense it through the day and when evening sky masking,in your arms is where I lay.

I cannot place a measurement on how much you mean to me, for it grows stronger with the moment, it stands to brace the sea and it challenges forever to create our own infinity.



2 comments:

Mark said...

That which is love can never be measured, nor is there ever a score to keep! You have expressed love so very well in so many ways. You touch my soul!

Rachel C Miller said...

You are very kind Mark, thank you for the very sweet comment. That is a fact you really can't measure true love that which flows from the soul and takes to the sky with ease. I love that you have taken a moment of your time to step into my world.