Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, July 20, 2009

No Promises

There are a few old adages that have survived through time," beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and love is blind" In a relationship that is fueled by love, I do believe that these adages reflect a true unconditional form of love. It also has been said that " we are our own worst critics" that in review of our own stance in the world if there is a fault to be found in ourselves, we have already discovered it . In many instances I admire the naturalist and their self assurance in that they don't need to seek the approval of others and they are comfortable without shame. Though when asked why I myself had not felt comfortable in removing my clothing. I thought either it was a part of my morale upbringing or my religious teachings, as I believe the body is beautiful and is our greatest gift to whom we love.
In many parts of the world, I find there is a greater respect for the elders and more appreciation of the beauty and the wisdom that only can found within the more mature population. Time so quickly passing and the years a reminder of the past and youth. Here I am in another decade of my life and yet I feel no different than I had in my years of youth. Almost as if it is society bound that we struggle to hang onto our youth and almost miss the beauty of the aging process.
I have lived many years under the microscope of criticism and have felt the daggers of not measuring up. The pain of words which stroke at the insecurities seated deep within. I had found through the gift of friendship, the beauty of acceptance and the empowerment of love.
Smiling I visualized the elderly couple hand in hand walking on the beach, a smile surfaced and a tear had fallen. I thought about growing old with you, holding your hand, loving you, wanting you , being there for you and I can't quite explain the feeling that came over me. The chill of distance, the closeness of your love and the magic that showers down on us from the star lit heavens all seem to reflect the beauty of our journey.

No promises, it's factual you see, I am here to journey with the one who reached on out to me. Held my hand through winter, kissed my soul in spring and raced like children laughing to the summer time swing. Wiped the tears of yesterday, replaced them with a smile, held me close and infused the love that closed all gaps of untraveled miles.

No promises, it's factual you see, I am here to journey with the one who reached on out to me. Looked down from the heavens, danced with me on the clouds, walked beside me through thick and thin where no bitter words could be found. Embraced every moment, challenged the seasons just the came, as we strolled through autumn rain, till the snowflakes were falling down again.

No promises, it's factual you see, I am here to journey with the one who reached on out to me. Whispered words of encouragement, led me down the path of love and taught my spirit to rejoice and my heart to laugh again. Carried me to safety and remarkably so. as I was known to stumble, not once but many times you know.

No promises, it's factual you see, I am here to journey with the one who reached on out to me. Soared high above the mountains, gazed through the dark of the night, amazed at the spectacular display highlighted by the moons light. Step by step we glided, heart to heart we sang and with the magic of life, passion lit the flame.







No comments: