Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Kisses in the wind..

The Sea

The sea has long been the gateway of stories, dreams and romantic desires, with its natural forces it has an incredible power to withstand all storms and then settle in an embrace of a peaceful calm. I allowed myself to sleep in an extra hour this morning, as I lay there with my eyes closed; I imagined an escape from the weight of the many years and the restlessness that comes from the unknown. The soothing sounds of the waves hitting up against the rock cast a distinctive image that sets itself apart from any other vision one could conjure. Toiling with my emotions, I felt the stage of happiness and the walls of melancholy create a structure of confusion. In the quickness of a moment’s time I held to the images of love both warm and inviting, to only watch them dissipate like kisses in the wind.

No comments: