Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Happy!

A friend said to me along time ago all I want is for you to be happy " I 'm happy when your happy".The dictionary states happiness is a state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.I tried to analyze my own thoughts on happiness. What is happiness? I believe at times we look for happiness in others , a moment of gratification can come from a varied array of ideas , explored through sharing of oneself. So many phrases from the years come to mind. "To thy own self be true. "I have come to some round about conclusion that happiness is not something you can seek to find outside of your own inner being. A discontentment had me searching for that which I did not completely understand. The world sits undeveloped awaiting each of us to take our own personal reign of control and mold it to our own expectations. There awaiting beyond the uncertainty of life is the missing pieces of the puzzle. Would it be naive to think that in all of creation the seeds of beauty are planted and wait to be nurtured? Those who have fallen into the hands of tragedy from that of both nature and man might disagree. What can be gained from seeing a"glass half empty"? Happiness starts as merrily a emotion in the thought process of life.

Arms to comfort , a foundation lay.
Eyes to see beyond all grey.
The heart that feels , the mind that knows.
Beauty that continues to grow.

~~~~~~
Happiness..... that which is seeded in your soul,
entwines around your heart, to be viewed
miraculously in the ever revealing
bloom called life.
~~~

No comments: