Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, January 23, 2006

When I was little girl we lived close to the railroad tracks...nothing was more soothing then the sounds of a cargo train... I remember thanking God for the long ones.. they block all sounds, as if the music of trains wheels and the hum rocked the soul to a state of peace for a short moment of time. The train was timed through out the day like clock work. All I can remember is at that very moment , at that very second in time nothing mattered. In the arms of the Lord I lay.
No tears , no sadness , no violence , no breaking glass,no screams in the night.. It's at if that was the time I could yell from within and the world would hear.... To this day something special about the hum of the train.... the whistle blows , the conductor waves and the cry is heard in the silence of the night.

I’m can’t stop the falling rain,
nor the sounds of the cargo train.
The hum soothes the mind, blocking
out those tears of mine.
I can’t tell you what I see, life is not
built upon misery.. A little this and
a little that.. till I fell off track.
Trailing from behind , till I practically
lost my mind. A vision do I see that
places you next to me.
~~~~~~~
I think music is that which creates , soothes , exites, energizes and so much more... but I believe music that sings the loudest is less then conventional , as the music that reaches into my soul sings from your heart.

No comments: