Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Compassion


Compassion is one of the most loving and giving of the emotions. The ability to sense with a deep level of awareness another’s suffering and even more to comfort with the simplest of gesture.

A kiss, a hug, a word, June bug
confronted with your empathy
Understanding of what’s inside
of me.
~~

Your hands to my hair, your comfort my dear.
So gentle a touch, to the heart means so much.

Love is not something you need to work at,
imagination and desire can never go flat.
~
Possession is meant for rubies and beads,
love is meant for dreamers
and those who believe.

Wasn’t a fire nor the current of waters wild,
emotions stirred were from pure joy and desire.
~~
Softness of touch, to my heart like fluff
yet strong to my soul set free
the love trapped inside of me.

~~
I could not say it better, about lovers affect on the weather.
Fall winter or spring as long as we are together.
Take the summer sunshine for everyday we share,
to warm your heart and let you know how much I care.
~~~
I cannot explain the smiles that hold back the tears.
~~


The inner workings of the mind.. it is another one of those trappings of the human mind the desire to see the future. A view of what’s to come, as we struggle with the past separating good from bad memories, there is this overwhelming hunger or curiosity that dwells on the decisions of today and the choices of tomorrow. It has been recorded early in history, this desire to know what lays in our future. Reading of palms, analyzing the stars and crystal balls all in hopes of having a glimpse of the what the future holds for us. I pondered on my own desire to peek into the future. What did I want to know or what did I want to see? The past had shown that though unhappy, the path I was on was strictly dominated by my own choice. Yet I did not see it as chapters of my life to regret, I saw it as the building blocks of character, each decision in life set us on a path, each path leads us through the lessons of life. Could we predict with any certainty what the future holds or if we could, would altering it effect who we are?

What do I see in the crystal ball?

I see the child who dared to dream, the young women in the water scream.
The float that was tossed ,the hand that reached.
The heart that felt, the soul set free.

What do I see in the crystal ball?

A little girl fears, a grown women tears.
Yesterday’s heartbreak, answered prayers.
The float that was tossed, the hand that reached.
The heart that felt, the soul set free.
~~~~~




No comments: