Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, March 06, 2009

Rainbow High

I so wanted to get my soap making done yesterday, unfortunately you can' t find lye in any of the local stores and my shipment won't be in for sometime. It is not as much as I am impatient as the curing time for soap is three to four weeks and I wanted the product ready for the spring season. I decided to map quest shops in the neighboring state. One by one I called each little shop to inquire as to whether they stock the lye. One little place deep in the hills carried a good supply of lye.

The children have the next couple days off from school, in service day for the teachers. More than willing to go for a drive, we set off into the hills of West Virginia. The sun's rays warm and bright reflected off rocky West Virginia hills as they created a heightened view,which brought the canvas to life. My only regret was I didn't take my camera as I wanted to share every moment with you.

We left late morning and it seemed as if time was passing by so quickly. I kept watching the clock as I knew I had to be back by 6 pm for a meeting. It was 2 in the afternoon when we finally arrived in this little town that sat deep in the hills, as if were cut out and pasted right there in the center of the woods. It was a mere few minutes to run in and pick up my supplies and start our track back home. We stopped along the way had lunch and did a little window shopping in the quaint little shops strewn through the valley. I can't tell you how many times, I said aloud, I wish I had my camera. Snap went the moment as I secured the pictures in my mind.

I would usually not be impressed by the hills dressed in their winter gray, except that the sun gave the hills a completely different view. The roads sometimes hard and than periods where they became gravel and dirt, were so narrow. I kept feeling like if we didn't slow, we would drive off them into the mountainous streams that flowed below. The children absorbing the view, from the great owl that swooped down to catch a field mouse, to the squirrel running across the road. You could clearly see where the rock had been cut through to make room for a road. Each section looked like an art form in itself as the rock moved in formation to create a natural sculpture of the hills. The deeper into the hills we traveled the more I felt as one with the scenery. I had the music playing softly, it complimented the drive and the songs a warm reminder of your love, seem to bring you even closer. Coming to a stop at a one lane bridge, I quickly took in the view. The streams twisting and turning, rough and raging hit up against the rock. The water was a mixture of calm and powerful as it spun off in different directions, from pools of crystal clear water, where you could see the stony layers of rock, to the fast paced waters that raced to meet the river. From the rivers, to the blue sky, to the sun rays on my face, from the beginning to the end and there a rainbow was set in place. The colors were so vivid, they bowed from east to west creating a vision to the memory a test.

From the mountains to the river, from the flock of birds to the rainbow high, the road between us, has nothing on the mind. I knew you were here beside me, the embrace of life I felt, as you took my heart darling and it began to melt.

From the mountains to the river, from the flock of birds to the rainbow high, the road between us, has nothing on the mind. Heart to heart locked, my hand you hold on the road of happiness paved of gold.

From the mountains to the river, from the flock of birds to the rainbow high, the road between us, has nothing on the mind. The day became a chapter and the story soon to be told is from the moment you said hello and revealed a treasure of jewels.


~
The Song of My Heart
Sings>I whispered the song of my heart to the blue, and the sun and the stars shared it with the moon. Day and night, night and day, my love is on display, sharing, all my love for you.
~
I whispered the song of my heart to the blue,to keep the secrets of how much I love you, but the wind took a hold and masterfully unfold, all my love for you.
~
I whispered the song of my heart to the blue, trapped in the mountains the echo still came through, sweet desire, now in power, releases by the hour, all my for you.
~
I whispered the song of my heart to the blue, I whispered the song of my heart to the blue, I whispered the song of my heart to the blue and the whispers echoed back I love you.










No comments: