Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Alternate Endings

I remember the first time I read a book which had alternate endings, I thought it was fascinating by taking another route you could alter the outcome or the final chapter. I was resting after a long weekend of work and my mind drifted back and I pleasured the moment with a memory. I then reviewed the same memory like a book with alternate endings. If I had said or done the opposite where now might the path lead? My imagination creatively working overtime, I found a certain amount of joy in recreating a time of the past. I guess you could say it was a spin on the old adage " if I had it to do over again" .

Sings>I'd take you in my arms and whisper words of love, dance in a crowded room like the dance on our clouds. I'd kiss you sweet and feel your heart beat next to mine, if I could live this dream again for sure you would be mine....if I could live this dream again for sure you would be mine.

The lake is drained and there's no water to be seen, the cattail now replace the once ice skaters dream. People gathered and the the music was well played and despite the raindrops we all laughed just the same. In the hills of Greene, nestled underneath the trees, we celebrated life as we created new memories. La la la la la la la my heart sings, la la la la sings out to you, la la la la la la my heart sings, la la la la I love you.



No comments: