Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Spirit of Love

Surfacing above my current bout with laryngitis it all seem quite trivial as I reviewed my most recent dialogue with a woman who is battling stage four cancer. Her voice quivered as she shared her thoughts on her own inner peace and her greater sense of concern for those left behind. In our most recenct conversation she said " there is no chance, our meeting was to occur as I sensed your empathy from the very first moment I spoke. "

I was granted a rare privilege to step into her inner realm and view life through her eyes. In an ironic twist of faith, here I was trying to complete a project and for the first time faced with the reality of a true deadline. I kept thinking here is a woman who is intelligent who obviously has much to give and that as she spoke, her wise and warm personality flowed. Yet her brief stint on earth was quickly coming to an end, how was I to document the moments we were sharing.

How precious is that of life, with each breath we meet with challenges and confront an array of issues. I realized more than ever, that there are certain goals, paths, journeys, or whatever one feels comfortable referring to them as, that we will experience. Somehow as I battled the last several years on a rather personal level, I had become more aware that it wasn't what I thought or imagined, it was what truly was meant to be. Like that of a unwinding bail of twine, as the threads unravels, the secrets of life unfold.

It is almost as if my travels were built of a cobble stone path, the brick were laid by other than circumstances and the past. Somehow the more people I met the more the path found direction. It gives true meaning to in giving we recieve.
~



In learning we begin to appreciate.
~
In loving we find that all paths circle back.
~
In the end of a moment is the beginning of a story.
~
We live to experience,
we experience to live.
~
I rejoice not in my achievements,
but for the glory of your embrace.
~

The spirit of love lives within all of us,
as long as we are willing to accept its embrace.

No comments: