Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'll meet you here

Sometimes I regretted the changing of the seasons, but I am learning to have a little more respect for the power of nature. Though we have had tornado's, and floods and a few of our own natural disasters in the north east. Traveling back home from the west, it wasn't until the hills welcomed me with a embrace that brings a certain amount of comfort and stability that I realized how fortunate we are to live here. Sometimes I allowed the cold winters to keep me house bound when I have to dig deeper and remember that the brisk wind that hits my face awakens me to your kisses and the snow that blankets the ground protects the roots of the gardens for the following year. Blessed we are with moderate temperatures that keep us alert and living.


My Surprise
~
Opened the door and to my surprise,
raindrops were falling from a sunny
blue sky.
~
Cornbread in the oven, dishes in the sink
and still I keep a daydreaming so much
I can't think.
~
Dogs barking at the wind, the leaves falling
down and all that I could do is dance around.
~
Jumpin like a grasshopper my mind is here
and there, the best is yet to come for you
and I dear.
~
Clouds moving in and daytime darkness does
not delay, but we are a little smarter the demon
we tamed.
~
Taught the rain a tune with each drop it plays,
silly little love songs on the damp wet day.
~
Fluffed the clouds placed them everywhere and
when you get a little tired i'll meet you here.

~~

No comments: