Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Running

Standing in the darkness, the hollow’s silence reigns, as still as the windless oak weighted down by the heaviness of rain. Troubled is the heart, heavily it weeps, flooded with yesterday the anchor causes me to slip and quickly start to sink. Stillness of the shadows, haunting the embrace, as it tightens its grip I must stand tall or continue with this chase. Tears said the heart, sink said the mind, run said the soul you are running out of time. Clouds of darkness and I can hardly see as the choices mottled make it hard for me to breathe. An image in the distance, I don’t want it to simply fade, but the faster I run the more it backs away.

~~~


Hold me today, hold me tonight,
close your eyes darling and hold me for life.

No comments: