Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Happiness

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad. ~Norm Papernick

If it be the latter welcome to sharing my straight jacket ....... I have searched and reviewed my own opinions on happiness. In retrospect I see a certain amount of personal control or a disposition for optimism and how it plays a part in the feelings of elation. A natural high to living life finds us at times reaching outside the barriers of our own existence to grasp at the true signs of happiness. I have never been more certain that life is predetermined or at least it would be safe to say that our genetic road map will guide us down certain paths, due to our personality traits and what we hope to accomplish.

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise man grows it under his feet. ~James Openheim

I thought about life and most of the times I would consider myself happy and then I looked at the times that I felt sadness. My heart ached at the loss of another, at the loss of control over my own personal situations. I gathered all the memories and like a bouquet watched them bloom all the moments that we shared dancing through life under a midnight moon.


This is my "depressed stance." When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this. ~Charlie Brown

Laughs out loud, holds head high....

Pleasure is spread through the earth In stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find.~William Wordsworth, 1806

Though I must say that I think William Wordsworth said it best. Love, life and the magical gifts occur throughout the day are abundant, for those who have the insight to catch them. For happiness is in the morning that I wake up with the smile from memories and the warmth of the sun that reminds us what is truly our basic needs.

To feel the suns rays warm against the face and taste the water pure and in life gently bathe. I shan't shame myself into sorrow for that which has not occurred, I have dreamt the life of king and queens though a pauper I may be, but with your friendship by my side, I have the wealth from the star lit sky to deepest parts of the seas.

Happiness is a form of courage. ~Holbrook Jackson
You dared to hold my hand, I dared to hold yours...... courageous alone, powerful joined.

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. ~Frederick Keonig

I have treasures upon treasures of beauty to see, in my flower garden blooms all that you need.
Love and friendship, courage and joy and the magic of tomorrow that nothing can destroy. Here in my heart , next to my soul, always on my mind the happiness I hold.


As I go about my day and think of all the wrongs in life, I rejoice in all that pleasures I have been granted.

To walk side by side on this most wonderful day,with respect and compassion leading the way.... that is happiness Rachel Charlotte Miller









No comments: